If you have a nonprofit organization in need of a web site, but lack the skills and can’t afford the costs, this may interest you. Subject to my conditions and approval, I would be available to create and then host a website for at least one year for free. I will be doing this for a small number of organizations (normally one at a time).
Please note, this is an offer for an actual person to create an original ad-free site. There are lots of “free” do-it-yourself site builders that give “free” hosting, but have ads, and try to up-sell you. This offer is not like those.
- This is only for a non-profit organizations, which I am free to approve or not.
- My preference will be for organizations based in Thunder Bay, Ontario, but I am open to any English language organization in the world.
- This offer is for a new web site, for an organization that does not yet have a web site. This would include registering a new domain name.
- It can be a simple to intermediate size project. I have to prioritize projects from paid clients, so a larger project my take a long time, since it would be lower priority. A small site could be launched in a few days.
- I would most likely use WordPress for the site, but would use whatever tools are appropriate to the task.
- The site must be in English.
- I need a reliable source to provide content for the site. I can write text for the site as needed, but I need someone to give me the needed information.
- I am interesting in organizations that are interesting. I’m not interested in organizations that are focused mainly on raising funds.
- If I create a site for your organization, I would host it for at least one year for free. You would then be able to host with anyone you wish.
- You have the option of either having me register the domain that is wanted (at my expense), which I can transfer to your organization when requested, or you can register your own domain (at your expense) and have it pointed to the site.
- You can view the Bear Clan Patrol in Thunder Bay to see an example of a simple site I built.
My motives for doing this are: to accomplish something of value, expand my work experience, and demonstrate my work skills to potential paying clients.
If this would interest your organization, please contact me, at firstname.lastname@example.org.